The Outreach and Communications Coordinator, with general direction from the Executive Director, and under the direction of the Lead Regional Coordinator, on a statewide basis will promote community wildfire preparedness education to expand and emphasize the inherent threat of wildfire to people living in our wildland-urban interface areas. The establishment of this position underscores the California Fire Safe Council’s (CFSC) commitment to the advancement of a strong network of local, regional, state, and national organizations to help the residents of California acquire education, resources, and the tools needed to be better prepared for wildfire.
This position requires a Bilingual certification in Spanish.
This position is structured on a current one-year funding commitment, with a high
likelihood of funding for at least three years, and the intention of long-term funding.
• Candidates should have three (3) to five (5) years of experience in community relations, public affairs, or related field.
• Understanding of basic issues and talking points regarding community wildfire preparedness, or the ability to quickly integrate the same.
• Experience within a fire-safe related agency/organization is preferred.
• Excellence using Office 365 and online collaborative tools
• Ability to create engaging displays, public education materials, and presentations
Knowledge of: media, communications, social media, online networking; community organizing and volunteer coordination; governmental structures, agencies and policies; the diverse population and cultures within the communities of the state; community wildfire and mitigation issues; workshop and training methods, techniques, and tools.
Ability or skill in: online media and communications facilitating public meetings and other public forums; organizational and planning methodologies; writing and oral presentation in public/media forms; building and fostering strong partnerships and interpersonal relationships.
Additional desirable qualifications, include:
• Graphic design
• Successful outreach in vulnerable and/or non-English speaking communities
• Dedication and commitment to the mission and objectives of the CSFC
• Excellent facilitation skills
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends
Please submit a resume and bilingual certification by August 26 to firstname.lastname@example.org