M&F Talent has a client in soilless substrates that is looking to hire a new Account Manager for Western Canada. Our client is on the cutting-edge if the hydroponic industry, with products that greatly improve the efficiency of modern crop production. They are internationally known, with a developed customer-base in controlled environment agriculture, vertical farming, greenhouse growing, and cannabis cultivation.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience with outside sales in the horticulture / hydroponics industry and is motivated to expand their footprint in this emergent market.
Location: Western Canada (British Columbia or Alberta)
- Report directly to the Sales Manager.
- Make sales action plans for his/her areas of responsibility and customer base, based on formulated strategic goals and market approaches.
- Previous focus on direct-selling to large-scale growers, including the ability to sell directly to Senior Executives
- Build up and maintain good and effective relations with current and future customers (retailers and commercial growers), distributors, and important industry influencers.
- Keep the CRM system continuously updated in line with any relevant developments in this area.
- Keep market, company, and technical knowledge updated and give proactive feedback to the company regarding new developments, such as impending threats and opportunities
- Sell the company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer/market knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in revenue generation.
- Actively contribute towards a variety of projects, trade shows, internal workshops, and other team initiatives.
- BA Degree in Business or similar field.
- 3 years of outside sales experience.
- 2 years of experience working horticultural markets.
- Previous experience selling products to the cannabis industry (growers) is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CRM platforms.
- Highly organized.
- Trustworthy and able to work independently.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt to the needs and wishes of the customer and marketplace.
- Be able to advise the best products and solutions and clearly indicate the added value (good knowledge of products, ability to make calculations on technical situations).
- Ability to develop and deliver targeted, well-informed presentations.
- Drive to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Readiness to adapt to internal and external changes; flexibility as needed.
- Willingness to travel (U.S. and Canada).
- Living in close proximity to an airport is preferred
- Can pass a criminal background check.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license and passport.