Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we're Making a Difference
our shared purpose of" Making Advanced materials that Improve the World
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Sr. Process Engineer will provide engineering support in the areas of product and process development , troubleshooting, cost (yield and labor efficiency) improvement, product quality process development, troubleshooting, improvement, and cycle time reduction. This position will be assigned multiple processes and will lead other Process Engineers. This position will also assist in the research and proposal of new production equipment, procedures, and methods to automate, improve, and/or scale-up existing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervisory Requirements:
- Acts as a back up to the Value StreamManager or site designated Manager and or Production Supervisors. Provides indirect leadership to other Process Engineering team members.
- Acts as Project Leader for continuous improvement and corrective action teams.
- Acts safely and ethically at all times and is responsible for the quality department's safety performance.
- Upholds and acts according to our values, mission, and vision.
- Product & Process Development:
- Working with Product Development (R&D) follows the New Product Development process completing the Manufacturing sections related to BOM/Routers Reviews, Travelers, Work Instructions, SPC, training, etc.
- Leads other engineers in developing SOPs and Process Flow Diagrams for new products or modified equipment and procedures.
- Complete General Process Change control documents when implementing process changes on assigned production processes.
- Leads other engineers in developing standard work and in the training of operators.
- Leads other engineers in New Process Development Reviews
- Process Control:
- Leads other engineers in completing Process Audits and resolves audit findings.
- Leads other engineers in determining critical process metrics that can be monitored on a regular basis.
- Works with Quality Engineering to develop and implement Statistical Process Controls for assigned production processes. Provide support in the collection and interpretation of metric data (e.g. SPC charting).
- Leads other engineers in developing and maintaining FMEA's and Control Plans for assigned processes.
- Leads other engineers in Change Control processes
- Ensures that safety and process hazard reviews are conducted for new or modified equipment and procedures.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Leads other engineers in troubleshooting problems with existing equipment and processes. Recommend solutions to such problems and implement solutions after review.
- Leads other engineers in investigating and proposing new production procedures and methods to automate, improve, and/or scale-up existing processes.
- Utilizing the General Process Change control system completes implementation of changes, providing progress reports, roadmaps, ramp plans and financial evaluations.
- Leads other engineers in Outside Contractor Selection and qualification process.
- Directs and supports qualification reviews, and the development of the Sourcing Plan.
- Leads other engineers in running test programs to identify key variables for process optimization using sound Continuous Improvement techniques (such as ANOVA, DOE). Collect and analyze data from tests. Develops conclusions and recommendations for process improvement(s).
- Completes Continuous Improvement projects utilizing Six Sigma & Lean techniques that improve key metrics (Cost of Quality, Customer Complaint metrics, Yield, Productivity) that increase organizational effectiveness and reduces cycle time.
- Customer Requirements:
- Act as the 8D champion for complaint resolution including root cause analysis, corrective action, and preventative actions for any complaints for the assigned area.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Prefer field of study/major in: Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy
- Experience: 4 to 6 years.
Black Belt experience is a plus but not required.
- Internals -must be PE II for min of 2 years.