BEING AGE 55 OR OLDER IS GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!
The Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program offers unique opportunities in Administrative / Office support for individuals age 55 and over to support the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) through a grant administered program through National Older Worker Career Center (NOWCC).
This is a unique program where your talents, expertise and experience will truly be valued.
The EPA provides a wonderful work atmosphere, a state-of-the-art building, all work travel and training is paid for, and you'll be working side-by-side with EPA staff that are out doing important work every day. If this is the right opportunity for you, we'd love to have you.
Professional Support to Preparedness and Site Assessment
This position assists the Preparedness and Site Assessment Section and Emergency Management Branch of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in implementing, planning, training, exercising, and supporting outreach relations with Federal agencies, states, tribes, local organizations and the regulated community.
- Provide support to the Emergency Management Branch by developing, managing, tracking and analyzing technical database (e.g., outreach, Oil database, FAITAS, EMP, CR-ERNS, NRC, TERA users, etc.). 45%
- Develop, maintain, and regularly update the RRT/OSC webpage providing online outreach and education to the public. Regularly provide updates to the National EPA website regarding the Section's work/news/training. Update factsheets and presentation materials. 20%
- Provide support to local groups on use of the CAMEO Suite and the Emergency Response Application (TERA). 15%
- Analyze travel trends, track budget and expenditures and process travel reservations for the staff in the Section. 10%
- Provide organizational support to the Branch through records management, tracking, and managing a wide variety of letters and documents/files. 5%
- Provide copying, mailing, typing, editing, note taking, and schedule assistance. 5%
- Dbase and computer training as needed and as available
- Overnight travel: Possibly once per year.
- Air travel anticipated: Possibly once per year.
- Rental cars: Possibly once per year.
BA/BS Degree in Education, Marketing, Business, or Science related field.
OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in Outreach, Science/Technical classwork is preferred;
- Experience required with MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Fax, Copying Machine, Scanner
- MS Access Dbase Systems, Webpage, tier 2 submit, CAMEO, Adobe Pro
Pay rate: $12.72 per hour This is the maximum amount budgeted through the
grants to support this program.
Benefits: 3 weeks Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Sick Time, All Federal Holidays, 1 Personal Holiday, Paid Health Insurance Premium, Vision and Dental Insurance is available
Hours Per Week: 32-40
Location: EPA Region 8 Downtown Denver office
Must be 55 years of age or older to be eligible for this grant-administered program through NOWCC. More information can be found at www.NOWCC.org.
For more information and to submit your application, click on the link below: