Superintendent 1 Mechanical -- Solar
Interfacing with and monitoring direct hire supervision and field engineering, direct hire craft productivity and performance. Ensures adherence by all discipline craft to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by Black and Veatch. Provides craft supervisors with information and technical direction required to complete project safely, timely and in a quality manner. Ensures schedule and project expectations are clearly defined to craft supervision. Ensures schedule requirements are communicated to all levels of craft discipline. Coordinates interpretation of technical requirements. Provides technical data and information as required to direct hire workforce. Ensures compliance by workforce to all standards, procedures and contractual commitments within the bounds of all applicable policies.
This person will support Renewable Energy Solar projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists craft in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Conducts foreman meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager.
• Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation or answering of Contractor Information Requests.
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Acts in capacity of a "supervisor." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Supervises general foreman, foreman, and minor subcontractor supervision.
1+ years experience on similar projects in assistant superintendent or relevant experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
Preferred Competencies: • Knowledge of Solar Construction.
• Construction Safety awareness and comprehension
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Supervisory Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge in Discipline
• Constructability Knowledge in other disciplines
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Construction Guides and Standards
• Computer Skills
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.