Senior Controls Engineer (R&D)
+ **Job ID:** 320579
+ **Country:** Brazil
+ **Location:** Rio De Janeiro
+ **Company:** Equinor Brasil Energia Lt
+ **Contact Name:** Nathalia Alves Rondelli
+ **Workplace:** Onshore
+ **Discipline:** Technology Management
+ **Education Preferred:** Doctorate Degree
+ **Experience Preferred:** 3 - 5 Years
+ **Closing Date:** Nov 232019
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Technology, projects and drilling (TPD) is Equinor's business area responsible for research and technology, project development and execution, well delivery and procurement. Having the corporate responsibility for technology implementation and project development puts us in the middle of making Equinor a competitive company facing the low carbon society.
Technology is in Equinor DNA, the R&T area represents an exciting center of expertise responsible for research, qualification and implementation of technology, technical services and specialist advisory services. In Equinor Brasil we have thes Research & Technology Centre Rio (RTCR) focus on developing projects with technological partners, such as Universities, Technology Centers of Suppliers and Local Industry looking for the development of good products and solutions for the O&G challenges. Our ambition is to create value for Brazilian business through competitive solutions and technical competence.
The selected candidate will become member of the Facilities team and should be able to work with internal and external partners. Candidate should be able to:
• Work close to the internal stakeholders and be proactive indentifying business needs, technology gaps and opportunities;
• Ability to establish a network with external R&D partners in Brazil.;
• Maintain a seamless link to the relevant R&D departments in Norway;
• Responsible to initiate, develop and execute R&D projects within control engineering, with focus on advanced process control and digital solutions for the offshore industry;
• Establish a strong R&D portfolio to address business needs;
• Constant review and mapping of the best-in-class external partners in process control domain;
Local Position/Local Terms and Conditions
• Work experience in the O&G industry is desirable but a strong academic background is essential, preferably within relevant field;
• Education at least master level in control systems engineering or relevant process engineering discipline. Doctorate degree is preferred;
• A good understanding of data science and programming is an advantage;
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written;
• Good stakeholder and project management skills;
• Follow throught and show determination and stamina;
• Demonstrate a commercial mindset on projects selection, being capable to identify and mitigate risks;
• Desirable experience in R&D projects;
• Good understanding of ANP Technical Regulation 3/2015;
• 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
• Strong focus on HSE, ethics and aligned with Equinor values;
• Ability to manage projects;
• Ability to simplify and communicate complex technical challenges;
• Ability to combine strategy and business mindset;
• Team player with ability to work and communicate across disciplinary boards;
• Strong communication skills and networking abilities;
• Structured, systematic and target driven;
Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
Not just a job: a career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognise that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. We offer opportunities for flexible working.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach a copy of your CV in English. Applications submitted without such attachment will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.