Superintendent 4 Electrical Solar
Interfacing with and monitoring direct hire supervision and/or major subcontractor supervision and field engineering. Ensures project requirements and expectations are met with regards to craft and supervisory performance, direct hire craft productivity and performance and/or reporting on Subcontractors performance. Ensures adherence by all discipline craft and Subcontractors to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by Black and Veatch. Provides craft supervisors with information and technical direction required to complete project safely, timely and in a quality manner. Ensures schedule and project expectations are clearly defined to craft supervisors and Subcontractors. Ensures schedule requirements are communicated to all levels of craft discipline and/or Supervision. Coordinates interpretation of technical requirements. Provides technical data and information, as required, to direct hire workforce, subcontractor supervision or Construction Engineers. Ensures compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures and contractual commitments within the bounds of all applicable policies. For Union Projects – Responsible for ensuring that the daily project execution is in line with the Black & Veatch National Maintenance and Project Labor Union Agreements. Responsible for understanding all Local Union agreements for the project. Responsible for establishing a working relationship with the Local Union BA and the Local Union Site Job Steward. Responsible for ensuring the uninterrupted workflow at union interface points. Has ability and expertise to stand in for the construction manager during absence from site if requested. Has ability to comprehend overall project schedule with regards to requirements of other disciplines or subcontractors requirements. May have responsibility for safety and quality requirements on site if required. Has ability and responsibility to mentor and train other discipline superintendents. Is capable of recommending training and development needs for the trainees. Could be designated as Lead Discipline Superintendents responsible for duties as assigned.
This person will be supporting utility solar work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Construction Manager in ensuring complete adherence by all site supervision and craft to the Black and Veatch Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guides. Is responsible for reporting inappropriate conduct by any site personnel to the site Construction manager and the project Safety manager.
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists craft/subcontractors/superintendents in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Ensures competent and practical adherence to the Black and Veatch standards and lessons learned.
• Communicates issues and new project lessons learned in order that these issues be captured for possible future implementation.
• Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager.
• Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required
• Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a "supervisor." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Supervises direct hire projects general foreman and foreman and CM projects subcontractors, superintendents and field engineers.
3+ years experience as Superintendent 3 on similar projects in supervisory role or equivalent OSHA Training and Qualification 40 Hour required All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
• Budget and Cost Control Skills
• Industrial Relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
• Knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Construction Safety awareness and comprehension.
• Knowledge of Cultural and Social Awareness Skills
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Construction Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
• Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
• Leadership Ability
• Human Relations Skills
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Time Reporting Systems
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Expense Reporting Policies and Procedures
• Construction Guides and Standards
• Administrative Policies and Procedures
• Computer Skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.