Our client, a leader in full-service Greenhouse design-build services and equipment, is looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to oversee their organization’s ongoing operations, sales and internal procedures. This person will be the company’s first-in-command and responsible for the overall efficiency of the business.
The CEO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Board of Directors while managing a staff of 7. The CEO will lead the organization into its next stage of growth while effectively maintaining control of a diverse set of business operations. As such, it is imperative this individual is an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to speak with you.
The goal of the CEO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. Also, this individual will standardize internal processes and procedures, as well as act as a strong leader for the established team.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, including sales strategy and sales team development
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of internal team members (engineering, construction, sales, service, etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication while acting as a dedicated resource who will be a day-to-day leader
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the board in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Proven experience in a leadership role ranging from VP of Sales to COO (or related role)
- Comfort in making decisions – sometimes with limited information – that will determine the overall direction of the company and staff
- Strong understanding of Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), including greenhouse structures, systems, vendors, and related sales channels (hydroponics, horticulture, cannabis)
- Understanding of the legal cannabis market in North America (large plus)
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Sales, Operations, marketing etc.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning, business development, and sales management/ sales strategy
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities with a ‘can do’ attitude that the team can get behind
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving