Location: Lenexa, KS
Program: Senior Environmental Employment Program
MUST BE AGE 55 OR OVER
Position includes employer-paid health insurance, 3 weeks accrued vacation, all Federal holidays + 1, and other benefits.
BA/BS Degree in various disciplines, including records management, library sciences or science/engineering. OR Minimum of 3 year(s) of experience in records or information management. Previously completed training in records or information management
- Experience required with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Copying Machine
The primary function of this position is to assist the Land, Chemicals & Redevelopment Division with appropriate records management in accordance with EPA Records management schedules. This includes both paper and electronic filing. Additional duties may include assisting with meeting and training event planning and implementation. Participating in some outreach activities on program activities will also be included.
- Serve as the lead person supporting the Grants Management and Budget Staff for records management both paper and electronic. Support compliance with federal and agency records retention schedule. 50%
- Provide assistance to technical staff in planning and implementing compliance and technical assistance events including meetings, training, and other related activities. 10%
- Support for tracking and completing Freedom of Information Act requests. 10%
- Other related duties as assigned such as filing, preparing brochures, managing outreach materials and managing event related information (registrations, training materials and evaluations). 5%
- Provide general office support including correspondence, rosters, directories and maintenance of sharepoint sites, presentations, and other related documents. 25%
- Overnight travel: Estimated at less than 5 days per year
- Air travel anticipated: Perhaps for a meeting or training once per year
- Rental cars: If necessary for related training