**Provide overall management direction on one or more Solar projects or on a specific portion of a very large project.**
1. Assume primary leadership responsibilities for each assigned project in partnership with the designated project superintendent.
2. Evaluate the contractual scope of work. Plan, organize and staff key project positions through coordination with regional department heads and general superintendents.
3. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of Brandt’s corporate policy.
4. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to coordinate scheduling activities and facilitate successful construction activities.
5. Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts.
6. Monitor/control project development through administrative direction of on-site project superintendent. Prepare, issue and update master project schedule and variance reports to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
7. Manage all financial aspects of contracts (costs, billings and collections) to maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow while simultaneously maintaining a positive relationship with the client.
8. Manage risks. Investigate potentially serious situations to circumvent problems or promptly implement corrective measures as required.
9. Actively pursue additional work through change orders.
10. Ensure project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Brandt standards.
11. Attend job progress meetings as required. Develop and maintain viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
12. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by supervisor or as project mandates.
**_Travel Requirements_****: **Up to 100% (may vary significantly among individuals in this position)
**_Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:_**
* Solid experience (3-5 years) and knowledge of Solar construction design, finance, and management
* Proficient project management skills, including
* cost control
* change order pricing
* Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities
* OSHA-30 certification (if not currently certified, must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire)
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Outstanding organizational skills
* Excellent MS Office skills and ability/drive to learn new software systems
* Ability to be courteous, professional, and diplomatic in stressful situations
*The Brandt Companies, LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.*
*Location:* Brandt - Austin, TX
*Job Code:* 1189
*# of Openings:* 1