Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, Omaha and Southern California.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Distributed Generation's products include but are not limited to Solar, Combined Heat and Power, Co-generation, Emergency Generation, Battery Storage, Fuel Cells, District Heating and Cooling and Compressed Natural Gas facilities along with Regional and Federal Energy Efficiency and Efficiency Made Easy programs. Project Design Manager, Distributed Generation will have and/or develop specific expertise in the optimal deployment one or more of the targeted distributed generation technologies, with a goal of being recognized internally within Constellation, and externally with Constellation’s customers, prospects and business partners, as an expert in those technologies. His/her principal duties are to identify and develop opportunities during the qualification, proposal and/or due diligence stages of development, to assist the relevant Constellations sales channel (BDM, origination or sales partner) in securing executed contracts, and to coordinate transition of the contracted project to the Engineering and Construction team for project execution. The primary responsibility of the Project Design Manager Manager, Distributed Generation, Solar will be to lead the development efforts when supporting Power and Gas Business Development Managers, Technology Partners and Energy Efficiency Business Development Managers and support the Distributed Generation Business Development Manager in due diligence efforts when working with external Distributed Generation Developers in achieving award of contracts with customers. The primary responsibilities involve defining project technology selection, development plans, determining resource needs and coordination and interfacing with other staff to ensure smooth functioning of project -development activities, and to assist in identifying and promoting of crossselling potential for all Constellation products to potential customers.
Responsibilities include direct interaction with federal, state and local officials and staff, commercial, industrial and institutional customers and development, technology and supply partners, and subcontractors. The Project Design Manager, Distributed Generation, Solar is responsible for ensuring that all project development functions are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with standard practice, good engineering principles, good business practices, applicable codes and regulations, and the rules, policies and corporate values of Constellation.
Primary Position Responsibilities
· Assist in the development of marketing, sales and business plans for specific distributed generation technologies for Constellation, in coordination with Sales and the Development and Structuring teams for Distributed Generation.
· Assist in cultivating effective business relationships with target customers and communicate full scope of solutions and services to meet customer business goals and achieve Distributed Generation business plan objectives.
· Develop technical solutions, legal and financial solutions, both internally and externally, for specific accounts whether originated by a Business Development Manager, or whether assigned directly to a specific account by Distributed Generation management.
· Communicate with decision makers and other customer representatives to develop positive relationships to secure the sale of offerings.
· Promote business activity by coordinating, developing and presenting concepts and technical findings, at varying levels of the project development process, whether in written form or in an oral presentation format.
· Provide internal technical guidance and project support to ensure full achievement of customer satisfaction under the direction of the Manager, Technical Sales (or assigned supervisor).
· With the assistance, as needed, of the Manager, Technical Sales (or assigned supervisor), coordinate and manage the negotiation of customer and Consultant/Subcontractor contracts during the project development process including but not limited to: master subcontracts, consulting services agreements, master service agreements, letters of agreement, teaming agreements, and master energy services agreements
· With the assistance of the Manager, Technical Sales (or assigned supervisor), lead project development team to meet client and Distributed Generation business plan expectations.
· Maintain periodic contact with client throughout the term of contract to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Travel, as required (valid driver’s license at all times).
Secondary Position Responsibilities
· Manage and delegate all stages of development services from inception to completion.
· Develop and oversee work procedures, rules, and policies to ensure compliance with applicable Constellation policies, standards and specifications.
· Support the promotion, education and communication of Constellation’s energy products and services to developers, technology partners, key accounts and end-users.
· Interface and coordinate with city, county and state entities and representatives, members, developers, contractors, engineering and operations personnel and other Constellation departments.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge and recognition of Constellation engineering and construction standards, specifications, requirements and practices.
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances, regulations and rules and service rules and policies.
· Stay abreast of competition strategies.
· Attend meetings, conferences, schools, and workshops to maintain and increase knowledge about utility best practices, engineering practices, and codes and regulations.
· Undergraduate four-year degree in technical area (engineering, technology, sciences or mathematics), or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 7 years of project development experience required in the energy/distributed generation market
· Specificly minimum of 3 years experience developing and/or deploying Solar and/or other distributed generation technologies
· Excellent oral and written communications
· T eam-oriented
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and strict time lines
· Excellent decision making, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
· Proven planning, organizing, and leadership skills
· Proven ability to independently drive technical and commercial results in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to write and comprehend technical contracts
· Ability to write presentations, proposals, and technical reports
· Special strengths in time management, project development, follow-up, and execution
· Excellent eye for detail, ambitious and a strong work ethic
· Ability to identify project viability from the perspective of technical scope, financial and legal
· Ability to develop subcontractor/vendor relationships and regional strategic partnerships for specific projects
· Strong client focus with well-developed customer relations skills
· Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
· Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Confidence and ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work with diversified workforce
· Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
· Professional engineering certification a plus
· Power market experience
· Specific experience developing and/or deploying Solar and/or other distributed generation technologies
· Skills to utilize CRM, MS Excel, Word, Power Point
· Advanced understanding of internal sales process for both government and private sector opportunities
· Advanced understanding of the technical, financial and contractual aspects of the Distributed Generation business
· Ability to work well with Business Development Managers and Engineers in the sales process to ensure success and fluent integration toward executed contracts for the Company
· Knowledge of engineering and construction practices in retrofit / renovation applications obtained through demonstrated experience
· Additional qualifications in business or risk management a plus
· Prior relevant experience in the energy industry
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
**Organization:** *Generation Constellation - Retail*
**Title:** *Principal, Project Design Manager - Solar*
**Requisition ID:** *215985*