**Prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for solar construction. Perform take-offs on systems, material and equipment according to applicable project plans and specifications.**
1. Prepare proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
2. Attend pre-bid meetings and/or tour job sites to confirm requisite take-offs.
3. Prepare estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work, using Conest estimating software.
4. Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including information on pricing from suppliers obtained through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, software uploads, etc.
5. Support other department personnel as required; may include assisting with estimates in other disciplines.
6. May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, and/or availability of materials.
7. May provide support to field operations regarding electrical estimates.
8. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
**_Travel Requirements_****: **_<_10%
**_Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:_**
* 2-5 years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to electrical construction
* Familiarity with Conest or similar electrical estimating software
* Working knowledge of electrical installation, estimating techniques and cost control
* Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
* Ability to perform detailed work and successfully meet deadlines
*The Brandt Companies, LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.*
*Location:* Brandt - Austin, TX
*Job Code:* 1232
*# of Openings:* 1