The Member Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the growth of EBC’s Membership. This role includes management of the annual membership drive, promptly and professionally responding to inquiries, including interest from prospective members and concerns from those companies dropping EBC membership, and a continued relationship with EBC’s long-time member companies. Additionally, the Member Engagement Coordinator will continually improve EBC’s Member Benefits package and work to educate member companies of their benefits, encouraging all companies to utilize the full Benefits package. Finally, this role will work together with the Director of Business Operations and the Vice Chair for Membership to track success against budgeted goals and report out results to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate is:
- an outgoing business professional interested in making and maintaining connections within the environment and energy sector;
- experienced with business development or sales;
- self-motivated and able to manage time effectively.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage the annual membership drive. Success of the membership drive is measured against an expected budget developed by the Director of Business Operations and the Executive Committee with assistance from the Member Engagement Coordinator.
- Manage dropped EBC members and the relationship with key contacts.
- Throughout the year, manage new members joining EBC and all aspects of on-boarding. Particularly important is regular follow-up with key contacts to encourage use of EBC Member Benefits.
- Communicate the value of an EBC membership to potential and current member companies. Work with the Vice Chair of Membership to recruit and retain member companies.
- Working with the Marketing and Program Manager, create marketing materials and manage the EBC website and social media accounts to promote EBC Membership and member companies.
- Manage the internal membership database and work to improve database accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain the online Member Directory on the EBC website.
Under the direction of the Director of Business Operations and the Marketing and Program Manager:
- Assist with program coordination and on-site program management, including managing online registration, communicating with program attendees, preparation of program materials, on-site registration, A/V setup and troubleshooting, and general setup and breakdown.
- Must be able to attend very early morning and evening events.
- Attend all Board of Directors Meetings. Working with the Director of Operations and the Vice Chair for Membership, create a Membership Report for distribution to the Board.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
- One to three years’ experience working in a development, outreach, or sales role
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office – especially Outlook, Word, Excel
- Professional experience with social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Professional experience with database management
- Valid driver’s license required
- Health Insurance (EBC covers 75% of cost, includes coverage of deductible payments)
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Savings Plan with 3% Employer Match
- State and Federal Holidays (14 days)
- Vacation – 10 days per year, accrue one additional day per year employed
- Flexible Hours – when applicable
- Leave (Bereavement, Family / Maternity, Jury Duty)
- Long-term Disability
- Auto Mileage Reimbursement for Business Travel – if applicable
- Smart Phone Voice & Data Reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
- ZipCar Membership – if applicable
- Public Transportation Monthly Pass – if applicable
To apply, send an email with a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Member Engagement Coordinator Application”. No calls, please.