Site Construction Manager - Solar Power Site Construction Manager - Solar Power - Skills Required - Solar Power, Wind-Powered Generation Project Experience, energy project development
If you are a Site Construction Manager with 5+ years' experience, please read on!
This position is located in McAllen, TX.
**What You Will Be Doing**
- Support the completion of preliminary engineering specifications of construction and supply contracts for assigned projects
- Support the development of Project Construction Execution Plan to accomplish project goals and provide leadership on the project teams
- Participate in the supplier qualification process and in selecting qualified suppliers and contractors in the RFP process
- Assist in hiring competent field staff to ensure adequate resources are in place for effective and timely execution of the project
- Manage the project construction schedules and budgets and coordinate the same with other team participants including the Project Construction Manager
- Coordinate all the internal and external relations necessary to assure the development and delivery of the project site
- Manage contractors to ensure project construction activities and the execution of work are performed to ensure that quality, schedule, cost, safety, environmental, and landowner requirements are met
- Supervise field staff and maintain current knowledge of the overall project, leading the resolution of differences when required and reviewing plans and procedures to identify and effect changes when necessary
- Maintain familiarity with contracts and documents in order to ensure that work is executed in accordance with EDPR's expectations and that the work fulfills contractual requirements
- Develop effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, engineers, consultants, local officials, and permitting officials to ensure successful, timely completion of deliverables that support the project goals
- Develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues including those with responsibilities in other areas of the company such as development, operations, tax, accounting, finance, electric sale, insurance, legal, etc.
**What You Need for this Position**
Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent amount of relevant experience
10+ years in energy project development, an environmental or engineering field, or a directly related field
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Experience with power plant operations and maintenance, wind plant operations, and turbines (including turbine power converters specifically), high-voltage switching, and post-operational repair, and maintenance of turbines preferred
Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver's license
Ability to work around low, medium, and high voltage equipment
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to other operational sites within the US and Canada as needed
Ability and willingness to work overtime on holidays and weekends and to work on short notice as needed due to on-call scheduling
Ability and willingness to respond to site emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as needed
Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to wind energy, including wind studies, environmental and cultural studies, transmission issues, public relations, public policy, sales, and civil and electrical engineering
**What's In It for You**
- Company Truck
- up to 30% Bonus
So, if you are a Site Construction Manager with 5+ years' experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
**CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Your Right to Work** – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Site Construction Manager - Solar Power*