The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is seeking a full-time Special Projects Associate to join the fast-paced Special Projects team. This team plans, organizes, and executes events, including Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, designed to give everyday people the knowledge, networks, and tools to solve the climate crisis.
The Special Projects Associate works with the Climate Training Manager and Special Projects Director to create the agenda and program for dynamic and inspirational climate advocacy trainings led by former Vice President Al Gore. The applicant must possess a solid understanding of climate science and policy, familiarity with different changemaking strategies (grassroots advocacy, organizing, communications, etc.), but also have the organizational skills to help plan large-scale projects and events. Projects require domestic travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designing agendas and developing session content for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Identifying, vetting, and recruiting speakers for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Preparing speakers for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings and working with them to develop session content.
- Drafting support and briefing materials for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings and possibly other Climate Reality events.
- Monitoring and analyzing the U.S. and international climate landscape to inform programmatic content.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure that events and projects track with organizational priorities.
- Working closely with Special Projects team members to plan and execute Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings and possibly other Climate Reality events.
- Assisting with briefing Climate Reality leadership for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings and possibly other Climate Reality events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree in related field, 2-3 years professional experience preferred.
- Strong grasp of and background in climate policy and/or environmental education.
- Experience planning or participating in grassroots organizing or advocacy efforts preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Comfortable representing Climate Reality to and building relationships with partner organizations.
- Comfortable working with high-profile leaders.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Background in event planning and/or event management a plus.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify challenges and solve problems with creative solutions.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with no vesting period and a company match, mobile phone reimbursement and a transit subsidy.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate in your email with your job submission the job site where you found this posting.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.