The Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (“CEB”) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (“CEI”). The CEBs develop, own and operate renewable energy projects and provide energy services to wholesale, commercial and government customers throughout the United States.
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, through its three main subsidiaries, develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure assets and provides energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison Solutions is an energy services company that provides renewable energy, sustainability services, cost-effective energy efficiency solutions, demand response, and energy performance contracting.
Con Edison Development develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure. It is one of the largest solar owners and operators in North America.
Con Edison Energy is an experienced power marketer and asset manager, providing customized energy-management services to a broad range of clients.
This is your opportunity to join our talented professionals as a Summer Intern in any of our divisions.
Dates: June 3, 2019 through August 9, 2019
Location: Valhalla, NY office
Length of Program: 10-weeks (40 hour work week)
Paid internship program
Based on your background and interests, you will be matched to, interview with, and work on a team for 10 weeks during the summer.
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate program at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments.
• Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level are required.
• Previous entry level work experience strongly preferred
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Strongly prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
• Must provide proper work authorization
• As a condition of employment, must successfully complete a background check
Summer Internship Details/Description:
Department: Behind the Meter Renewables
Preferred Academic Discipline(s): Finance, Marketing, Sociology, or Political Science
The purpose of this Summer Internship is to provide college students with work experience in their chosen academic field.
The intern will be assigned specific projects which are designed to add value to the organization while providing real world experience. While receiving mentoring and technical guidance from the Behind the Meter Renewables team, the Intern will be asked to:
• Assist in the development of projects by performing market research including: identifying prime real estate through publicly available sources; identifying and investigating potential customers; compiling and comparing electric rates and state incentives.
• Assist in updating financial models/proformas
• Arrange client meetings and evaluations of prospective solar project sites.
• Assist in Commercial Solar lead generation by monitoring call center activity and coordinating appointments with potential customers.
• Minimum of 2 years of college courses completed
• Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
• Experience performing research using tools other than Google.
• Outgoing personality with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptionally organized with attention to detail and ability to work on more than one project at a time.
• Passionate about renewable energy
+ Candidates who live within a commutable distance
+ Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
+ Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Requisition ID: 2019-1988
External Company Name: Competitive Shared Services, Inc.
External Company URL: www.conedsolutions.com