The Solar Development Engineer will have 5+ years in a PV design engineering role for commercial and/or utility scale solar PV projects. This position will interact with clients, sales teams, interconnection, project management and finance.
- Prepare preliminary proposals and single line using Helioscope, sketchUp, SunDat and AutoCad.
- Complete thorough solar production assessments using PVsyst.
- Calculate solar project losses and energy uncertainty.
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes.
- Perform customer’s utility rate analysis using Energy Toolbase and Utility API
- Create designs and solutions that optimize economics and production.
- 5+ years professional experience in solar PV system design, development and energy analysis.
- Knowledge of industry standard design codes such as National electrical code, International Building code & International Fire code.
- Deep knowledge of the solar industry design and installation standards roof-top, ground-mount and carport solar PV projects
- Strong proficiency in Solar PV software modeling applications such as Helioscope, Microsoft Excel, PVsyst, AutoCad, SketchUp, Energy Toolbase
- Demonstrated experience with production modeling with industry leading Independent Engineering interface for clients and/or financing partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the solar industry design and installation standards roof-top, ground-mount and carport solar PV projects.
- NABCEP Certification
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
**Locations:** United States; New York; Schenectady, Other
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.