The Manager of Engineering is responsible for managing all aspects of engineering for the C&I business within Direct Energy Solar. The position is responsible for the development of the engineering department including internal staff, third party resources and standards necessary to support the needs of business. Must interface and support sales, operations, and customer support to growth plans for the business, while ensuring projects meet industry and Direct Energy Solar codes, standards and best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
* Define organizational requirements to meet company goals, including positions, job descriptions, and metrics.
* Hire, Train and Manage C&I Engineering Staff including designer, electrical and mechanical engineers.
* Coordinate scheduling of the engineering assets to insure that work processes are being completed in appropriate timeframes.
* Develop relationships with third party engineering firms to complete necessary engineering requirements for each project, including civil, mechanical or electrical.
* Conduct audits of completed work to assess that quality, company and industry standards are being followed.
* Review projects being designed for specific problems, issues or concerns that need to be discussed in a broader scale.
* Provide guidance and support answering questions from field teams, project managers, sales personnel and customers via telephone, email and on-site visits when necessary.
* Assist with development and implementation of design and installation standards.
* Coordinate, report to, and assist operations with pilot programs and evaluation of new and existing solar equipment and installation methods. Evaluate based on cost effectiveness, productivity, quality and logistics.
* Develop metrics to evaluate engineering team performance
* Manage internal engineering requests from sales, project managers, system designers, and customer care and track response time
* Manage engineering resources including software, online services, and physical tools
* Lead and develop direct reports while fostering a team environment.
* Define goals for staff members and provide continuous performance feedback and written performance reviews as required by company best practices or policies.
* Handle disciplinary action as warranted and appropriate and in accordance with company policies
* Coordination with sales, operations and construction management teams
* Five years of experience in engineering with at least 3 years of management experience
* Three+ years of experience in the PV industry.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field.
* Supervisory and management experience and skills.
* Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency with laptop computer and smart phone
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- AutoCAD, Sketchup & Layout, PV system analysis software (Solmetric Suneye, PV Watts, PV Sim, PV Syst, etc)
* Good communication skills and ability to interact in a team environment.
* Experience with organizational and staff development, including recruiting hiring, training, goal setting and evaluation.
* Time management skills.
* Five years of experience in the PV industry in an engineering, construction or project management capacity
* NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.