Project Director-Solar Development
• Develop a pipeline of utility scale solar development projects that may include greenfield, pre-COD/NTP projects, and acquisition of operating assets
• Originate, develop and deploy utility scale solar projects
• Keep track of emerging solar opportunities, pending RFPs and the regulatory landscape across the country
• Negotiate and execute power purchase agreements with off-takers
• Work independently as well as collaboratively with various internal and external subject matter experts to manage all substantive issues around land, permitting, interconnections, and contractual and legal aspects
• Develop internal presentations for capital approval within the company, including presentations to senior management and outside stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships across the solar ecosystem, including customers, vendors, regulators, development partners, etc.
Reporting to the Vice President of Renewable Energy Solutions and President of Distributed Energy Resources, the Project Director will be responsible for originating utility scale solar opportunities, submitting project proposals in response to RFPs, performing due-diligence, and ultimately developing the solar projects. The ideal candidate is a well-organized self-starter in a fast paced business development organization with a passion to originate and execute deals and the ability to work on multiple concurrent assignments. The Project Director will be required to travel as needed in order to develop the projects and establish/maintain business relationships.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or related discipline • Minimum 5-7 years’ project development experience in utility/renewables sector, preferably solar project development • Basic knowledge of financing structures - project finance, tax equity, etc.• Proficiency in MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) • Knowledge of land lease agreements, interconnections process, permitting, project financing, and power purchase agreements • Proven ability to cultivate and maintain deep customer relationships and channel partnerships • Basic understanding of storage technology and its value enhancing potential if paired with solar• Strong business acumen and communication skills• Desire to be an active member in a high growth business platform• Demonstrated knowledge of power markets and tariff structures• Project management skills to execute a project from concept to completion • Contract negotiations skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills• Outstanding organizational and people skills • Basic understanding of solar technology (modules, inverters, racking, etc.)• Attention to detail
**Equal Employment Opportunity:**
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
**Regular or Temporary:**
• Master’s Degree in Business or a quantitative discipline
**Full-time or Part-time:**
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPL_Corporation (https://twitter.com/PPL_Corporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)