Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets . We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's Business Solutions (CBS) group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more f lexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the CBS group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
Centrica Business Solutions is seeking highly motivated Commercial Solar Estimator candidates to join the Operations team of our growing renewable energy company. The Solar Estimator is an essential part of both the sales process and the pre-construction process. Responsible for preparing pre-sale proposal pricing and post-sale value-engineered pricing for all commercial solar projects, the Estimator works closely with the design engineers, construction management, project management and the project developers (sales). In addition to accurately pricing the sales designs, the Estimator provides cost-saving feedback to the design engineers to help improve the efficiency of installation and competitiveness of each proposal. Post-sale, the Estimator is a key participant of value engineering and serves as an essential part of the construction feedback loop - constantly improving Direct Energy's bids by regularly integrating feedback from the Construction Team into future esti mates. Position is either based at an office (Hanover, MD or Iselin, NJ), or remote (home based).
Duties and Responsibilities
* Review/comment on sales designs and/or RFP plan sets with technical expertise and confidence
* Engage with the Sales and Commercial teams during estimating, bidding and proposal preparation
* Price, budget and bid construction projects
* Collect, analyze and negotiate pre-sale bids for key subcontracts and specialty materials
* Cross-train with Design Engineers and Construction Management
* Communicate with architects and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, conflict resolution and then document these clarifications
* Maintain and improve budget and bid spreadsheets, inputting applicable quantity and pricing data
* Prepare post-construction project cost report, analyze results and update estimating process as needed
* Attend post construction reviews and integrate field personnel feedback into future estimates
* Participate in the evaluation of vendors and subcontractors to identify new value engineering opportunities
* At least 2 years' experience of estimating
* 2-4 years of construction related experience; Solar industry experience preferred but not required
* Knowledge of commercial construction including practices and sequence of work
* Strong experience with Microsoft Excel
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent problem-solving abilities
* Ability to work independently and detail-oriented
Centrica / Direct Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Centrica / Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.