Centrica / Direct Energy is one of North America's largest retail providers of electricity, natural gas, and home and business energy-related services with over four million individual customers and 240,000 large energy customers in states with deregulated energy markets . We give customers choice, simplicity, and innovation where energy, data, and technology meet. As an international energy and services company, Centrica / Direct Energy, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, operate in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and eight provinces in Canada. Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to becoming the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. Centrica's international Business Solutions group has been established to deliver distributed energy platforms to large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest 700 million (~$1 billion) into the Business Solutions group by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites and 6 countries.
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) is a global business unit within Centrica, set with the mission to help customers discover and unlock value via the energy-consuming and existing or new energy-producing assets on their sites. In North America, we design build and manage projects from small to large scale in the distributed energy spectrum. We have existing and forthcoming solutions for which we provide development, engineering, and construction services to deliver products and projects across North America for commercial, industrial, and institutional customers wishing to reduce energy consumption and/or generate energy.
The Procurement Group is seeking a Category Manager to focus on Distributed Energy platforms with a deep focus on Commercial Solar. This individual will work closely with business stakeholders to understand their purchasing needs in detail today and in the future. The manager will develop a robust strategic sourcing strategy for use within specific categories which delivers breakthrough results and year on year continuous improvement. The Individual will provide deep knowledge and understanding of end to end Category Management within relevant categories. This individual will draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimized.
* Be seen by the business as the procurement / commercial expert for the distributed energy category (in particular commercial solar)
* Understand the category and provide leadership and insight for the business on all aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
* Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
* Identify opportunities for, lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
* Create negotiation strategies and lead complex negotiations.
* Deliver a "fit for purpose" sourcing and selection approach which is flexible and delivery focus
* Achieve defined improvement to the bottom line and cost saving targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
* Forecast future expenditure patterns within key Business segments, developing appropriate strategies to ensure budgeted value improvements are proactively identified and implemented.
* Within the Category Management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management.
* Coordinate multiple Stakeholder interfaces/touch points across the business to ensure a consistent approach.
* Ensure compliance to contract terms, both legal and commercial (including value delivery). Lead management of contractual risk and agree in conjunction with senior stakeholders steps to ensure remediation or reduction.
* Provide effective overview of supplier performance to contract and support operational teams if performance issues arise
* Manage supplier-customer senior stakeholder management in relation to commercials. Drive communication between the key internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure a consistent approach
* Self-motivated and driven; ability to work effectively in a collegial, fast moving, demanding and dynamic environment
* Contracting experience with a preference for experience in ground mount and rooftop solar equipment (PV module, Inverters, and Racking/Balance of system)
* University degree (business or engineering preferred)
* MBA or financial equivalent preferred
* 4-6 years procurement / category management experience preferred
* Strong financial and business analysis skills
* Strategic thinking and ability to identify market potential for significant business growth
* Collaborative senior leader capable of building close working relationships with peer groups
* Deep experience working in a large/global company with matrix structure/relationships
* Resourcefulness and ability to work with limited supervision
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled.
Centrica is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com. We will make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.