Senior Director, Solar OperationsinChicago, ILatMorton Salt
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
+ Employee Type:
+ Job Type:
+ Date Posted:
Job DescriptionLead solar facility operations in Glendale, Inagua, Fairless Hill, Grantsville, Long Beach and Cape Canaveral. Develop and/or implement operations directives to guide these facilities in maintaining and improving their competitive position and profitability.
Direct and implement plans for the control of safety, environment compliance, planned outputs, CAPEX and operational budgeted spending, labor efficiency, engineering effectiveness, facility/equipment maintenance and reliability, warehousing management effectiveness, quality, labor relations, and employee utilization.
Oversee facility operations to ensure the achievement of objectives at the lowest cost consistent with company quality standards and customer delivery requirements.
Responsibilities1. Oversight: Plan, direct and coordinate operations within six solar facilities in the United States and Bahamas.
2. Strategy: Engage in all strategic business discussions with senior management relating to, but not limited to, business development, facilities planning, capital investment, distribution plans, quality, personnel and union relations.
3. Financial: Develop annual solar operations budgets and long-range plans. Monitor performance relative to established plans and budgets while providing guidance to meet established plans. Partner with Finance to ensure effective monthly forecast process.
4. CAPEX: Develop annual CAPEX budgets and long range investment plans. Monitor performance and execution relative to established plans and budgets. Develop long-term strategic roadmap to optimize capital expenditures.
5. Continuous Improvement: Improve solar operations efficiency and reduce costs through analysis of production methods, processes and optimum utilization of personnel.
6. Production: Establish plans and coordinate resources to manufacture budgeted products at forecasted volumes while monitoring execution. Establish and maintain estimates of production, shipments and inventories. Partner with Supply Chain to develop plans to deliver service.
7. Security: Develop, implement and communicate procedures and security standards to ensure constant protection of evaporation employees, facilities and equipment against hazards and regulatory compliance.
8. Maintenance and Reliability: Oversee efficient and cost effective buildings, grounds, equipment maintenance and reliability activities. Execute maintenance and reliability strategy to deliver needed cost and service goals.
9. People: Direct personnel management activities, including selection of key employees, training, career development, performance management, motivation, salary administration and disciplinary actions for subordinate personnel. Maintain and support prescribed programs of employee relations, health and safety, training and development, and compensation and benefits for all evaporation operations personnel.
10. Technology: Stay current in all aspects of operations trends and developments for application in solarfacilities. Recommend, develop and/or implement changes in process as appropriate.
11. Safety: Ensure a maximum level of safety inside and outside the solar facilities. Maintain and support prescribed programs while developing and/or implement policies to continuously improve and maintain employee safety.
12. Quality: Maintain and support prescribed programs while developing and/or implementing policies to continuously improve and maintain product quality.
13. Environment and Sustainability: Maintain and support prescribed programs while developing and/or implementing policies to continuously improve and maintain environmental performance, compliance and sustainability.
14. Regulatory Compliance: Direct personnel to ensure compliance with various regulatory requirements including Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental compliance.
15. Special Projects: Additional duties as assigned to advance the competitive position of the organization.
QualificationsBachelors Degree Required
10-15 Years experience.