**Technical Expert - Solar **
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Schneider Electric Solar Inverters USA, Inc. is a world leader in advanced power electronics, headquartered near Vancouver, Canada. We are a fast-paced, dynamic cross-functional team-based company. Schneider makes a positive difference in the lives of people around the world by combining proven technology with unparalleled market understanding to bring our customers products that enable the delivery of electricity anytime, anywhere.
You will work as an Expert on Solar Inverters for PV Plants and the balance of systems. You will closely collaborate within the global team of Service Experts, technicians from different countries, Quality and Sustaining Engineering.
* Act as a role model for service technicians providing them with expertise and guidance.
* Act as lead on major commissioning projects working with execution and engineering teams
* Go to the field to investigate failures and help the local teams on trouble shooting in complex situations
* Support technicians by phone and email as well as with the different Solar tools.
* Support our technicians on the site if necessary with deep technical root cause analysis and failure verification
* Perform on site support for commissioning
* Work as a trainer, prepare and run training sessions on Solar offer
* Define and develop training material
* Act as a coach for local service teams and help them developing the right skills to support the customer’s faster
* Perform Site Audits if necessary and needed and provide expert reports
* Perform root-cause analysis to support Quality with 8D reports
* Act as a key person to drive continuous improvement into the existing offer and provide input to the development team of the new offer
* Collaborate actively to field services improvement, enhance customer satisfaction
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
*Education: * Two Year Associates or Four-year degree or equivalent related work experience
* Electrical Engineer or Technician with 5 -10 years of experience in power electronics, preferable Solar Inverters, Renewable energy equipment
* Previous utility-scale solar/wind experience preferred
* Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PV systems preferred.
* Experience installing all types of grid-tied inverters preferred
* PV System site inspections experience preferred
* Be passionate, rigorous, and dynamic to be able to teach
* Like sharing your knowledge and experience
* Able to collaborate with different offices in a virtual team
* Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Customer focus, mastering of customer issues identification and solving
* Team spirit
* Ability to travel frequently within the Region and globally with limited notice or no calendar
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
**Let us learn about you! Apply today.**
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
*Concerning agencies:* Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
*Primary Location:* United States
*Unposting Date:* Ongoing
*Req ID:* 005210