The Sr. Electrical Engineer will lead the technical design and evaluation of commercial and utility-scale solar, wind and energy storage projects to advise on market strategy across the United States. This opportunity is ideal for a self-starter and entrepreneur who’s fueled by spear-heading new project portfolio development. The role will be critical in the origination, development, and operation of projects.
- Lead the evaluation of electrical and economic characteristics of renewable energy projects
- Create and coordinate the development and review of energy production models, including sensitivity analysis for asset evaluation
- Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed documents, cost estimates, energy performance views, and specifications for wind, solar and energy storage technologies
- Perform electrical power system studies to support project designs
- Review site visit details to determine interconnection requirements, identify potential issues and negotiate interconnection agreements
- 8+ years of experience within power or utility engineering
- Technical competency in high voltage transmission and/or distribution systems
- Working knowledge of RTO policy and rules across SERC, PJM, ERCOT, WECC and MISO
- Experience with ETAP, PSS/E, CYMCAP and cdegs preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (electrical or mechanical preferred) from an accredited program
Remember to say that you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com.