600 W Reichmuth Rd Valley Nebraska 68064-0358
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and **BUILD YOUR WORLD.**
**A Brief Summary of This Position:**
The Solar Support Structures 3D Design Drafter works as a member of the Solar design team and regularly interfaces with the Company’s structural engineers and project administrators. The 3D Design Drafter is responsible for creating solar support structures field construction and manufacturing shop drawings from 3D models utilizing Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD. This position requires leadership abilities with people in all departments in order to maintain amiable and profitable relationships in inter-departmental communication. He/she provides feedback to applicable departments on customer requirements, manufacturing or fabrication changes and drafting procedure changes. The incumbent reads and interprets customer specifications, plans and other order information required to complete customer orders. He/she is responsible for identifying any inconsistent, conflicting or missing customer information and determining the correct course of action to resolve the issues. The 3D Design Drafter is also responsible for reviewing all internal documentations for compliance to customer specifications, and current manufacturing capabilities. Any identified discrepancies shall be brought to the attention of the responsible department for resolution. This energetic, self-motivated professional must demonstrate the ability to read and understand solar support structures layout and detail drawings and technical documents. The Solar Support Structures 3D Design Drafter must have the ability to complete a high volume of work with minimal supervision.
· This position reports to the Business Line Manager – Solar and has no direct or indirect reports
· Must be able to work accurately with large volumes of figures, and to evaluate specifications and read blueprints to ensure that the overall project is accurate and complete
· Must collect technical information in a manner which provides quick understandable knowledge of customers
· Must have the ability to create or check the following items
o General arrangement drawings
o Foundation plans and details
o Grounding plans and details
o Material lists
o Catalog cuts of equipment and/or material for construction reference manuals
o Bolt counts
o Structural shop and erection drawings for steel structures and modular bus assemblies
· Must work with cross functionally with Sales team and Design Engineers, Detailing, and Manufacturing to collect all information, and maintain good relationships
· Analyze all information necessary to process an individual order accurately and efficiently
· Maintain an awareness of current drafting policies and procedures
· Maintain an awareness of current manufacturing capabilities and limitations
· Identify, recommend and help implement changes to standard designs to improve customer acceptance or reduce product cost
· Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job duties
**Important Details about the Role:**
· Demonstrates full knowledge of Company’s Solidworks and 3D AutoCAD software systems including all in-house developed software programs and systems
· Applicant shall ensure that all work is completed in strict accordance with established procedures
· Define and apply Company’s design and drafting standards, applicable industry and/or local jurisdictional code requirements, and specific customer requirements
· Uses Company’s engineering calculations for the design details for solar support structures
· Performs non-modeling / drafting tasks as assigned by the Business Line Manager including but not limited to: preparing transmittal letters, completing O&M and construction manuals, file management, and process improvement projects
· Works overtime as needed to complete project tasks on schedule as requested by the Business Line Manager - Solar
· Demonstrates a sensitivity and / or awareness to material pricing in specifying products on the material list when design freedom is allowed by customer
· Works efficiently and must be task focused at all times realizing that early completion of any task is important to the success of the project as a whole and to a greater extent the success of the Company
· Assists in the development of new productivity tools to be used within the existing Inventor and AutoCAD software systems
· Notifies the Business Line Manager - Solar of any procedures that might be enhanced to improve productivity
· Provides periodic schedule updates to the Business Line Manager - Solar and Project Manager for tasks that are in process
· Properly saves all in-progress and completed work in strict accordance with established Company procedures
· Applies industry recognized standards such as AISC, NESC and IEEE codes and guidelines
· Must have the ability to acquire an increasing knowledge of solar support structure design and construction
· Works with project management, to resolve or remove any impediments to the successful completion of the project
**Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):**
· Preferred Bachelor’s with 3+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
· A suitable combination of education, training, and/or experience in 3D modeling and/or Auto Cad software will be considered in lieu of a degree
· Experience using Autodesk Inventor preferred but will consider other 3D prototyping platforms
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision
· The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
· Demonstrated strong professional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to keep a positive, professional attitude in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines which must be met
· Must possess strong problem solving skills, with attention to detail and a number/math orientation
· Ability to work in, and be an integral part of a team environment
· Ability to identify, communicate and participate in process improvement opportunities aimed at reducing cost, improving efficiencies and increasing customer satisfaction
· Excellent customer focus, including positive customer feedback
· Decisive problem-solving ability and capability to assess people and situations with accuracy
· Confident self-starter with integrity and accountability
· Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
**Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:**
· Bachelor’s degree in Technical / Applied Science field such as Engineering, Engineering Technology or a relevant field from an accredited College or University
· CAD drafting and/or steel detailing experience
**Working Environment and Physical Efforts:**
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into the production, shipping/receiving areas or infrequently into the field environment where product is being installed. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Overtime will be required as needed. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office, production or field environments. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with office materials and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a **leading producer and distributor** of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.