Evergreen is currently seeking a seasoned strategic innovator with experience in design thinking and business development to join our Strategic Initiatives team. The Sr. Lead’s work helps drive decision making for new and existing projects, allowing us to build a suite of programs that advance our vision of flourishing cities. If you are an innovative multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this may be the right role for you.
We enthusiastically encourage applicants with knowledge of placemaking, urban planning, housing issues, or environmental sciences, with a proven track record of building multi-year partnerships with all levels of government, philanthropic foundations, or the private sector.
About the Role:
With proven ability to manage cross-functional teams and complex, often time-sensitive, projects, the Sr. Lead is responsible for undertaking feasibility and opportunity analyses, as well as business and program development. With oversight over a dynamic portfolio of initiatives, the Senior Lead’s work helps drive new and emerging projects, ensuring alignment with Evergreen’s strategic plan and organizational values. A quick study, with interest and curiosity in a range of subject-areas, the Sr. Lead has the confidence to collaborate effectively with senior leaders, program delivery colleagues, and external stakeholders alike.
• Complete thorough feasibility analysis / opportunity assessments for new and existing programs and business opportunities to drive appropriate decisions on program design and viability
• Collaborate with the program and social enterprise teams (among others) to develop program models and business plans for evolving & emergent Evergreen initiatives
• Develop and review proposals for new clients/partnerships, ensuring they align with Evergreen’s mission, are financially viable and are an appropriate use of Evergreen’s resources
• Work with cross functional teams to establish processes & tools in support of Evergreen’s 3-year strategic plan & design thinking approach
• Support leadership team in the evaluation of new business opportunities & special projects
• Create and review agreements for new ventures and partnerships
• Demonstrate an intuitive grasp of organizational structure and work effectively across departments
• Promote and build internal commitment to an exceptional workplace culture and organizational values
You excel in the following areas:
• Planning/Organization/Project Management: Create and implement action plans and budgets; document, evaluate and learn
• Analytical/Decision Making/Problem Solving skills: Draw insightful conclusions from information. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and effective
• Customer-focus: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in the development and implementation of programs
• Flexibility/Adaptability: Cope effectively with complexity and change, adjusting quickly to shifting priorities or conditions while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
• Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence: Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
• Strategic thinking/vision: Assess opportunities and threats, options and actions based on comprehensive analysis of current and future trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of EG. See and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
You have the following qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years relevant work experience in business development, program design and/or delivery, or similar
• Excellent research, analysis and stakeholder consultation skills
• Strong group facilitation and meeting management skills
• Highly proficient with Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong understanding of inclusion, equity and social justice issues and trends, especially in an urban context
• Familiarity with design thinking models and approaches (an asset)
• Experience with financial modeling (an asset)
• Supervised by Director, Strategic Initiatives
• May have oversight over interns and/or volunteers (as needed)
• Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto
• Office environment
• Regular office hours (flexible), with occasional onsite and offsite evenings and/or weekends as required
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Sr. Lead, Strategic Initiatives” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
Remember to say that you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com.