ECT is looking for a mid-level Wetland/Wildlife Ecologist to join our Natural Resources team in Tallahassee, FL. This position will be responsible for conducting wetland delineation projects, vegetation mapping, wildlife surveys, gopher tortoise relocations, and environmental assessments throughout Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform in a lead role conducting wetland delineations with strong wetland delineation skills including plant ID, soils and hydrology, familiarity with both state and federal delineation methodology and demonstrated experience with agency wetland reviews
· Flexibility and willingness to work long hours when needed.
· Attend relevant conferences and training to keep up current on ecological regulations.
Education & Experience:
· BS in ecology-related program and 5 years experience or MS and 3 year experience.
· Wildlife and wetland permitting experience in FL is highly desirable.
· Wetland delineation and wildlife experience in the Southeast and experience with environmental permitting of linear facilities, land development and public/private projects.
· Good technical report writing skills, permitting experience with FDEP, WMD and USACE and a willingness to travel within the region.
· Work in wetlands, swamps, and forests throughout the Southeastern US in adverse weather conditions.
· Capable of walking long distances and carrying 35 lbs. of field equipment.
· Periodic out of town and extended overnight travel required and sometimes long hours
· Valid Driver license, 4WD truck experience, basic computer skills and good technical writing skills required
· Be a positive member of the Natural Resources Service Line and contribute to ecological services in Florida and the Southeastern United States.
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.