Agriculture, Resilience and Water. Winrock seeks a mission-driven Technical Water Director to provide technical and managerial direction to Winrock's Water Portfolio within the Agriculture, Resilience and Water Group. The Director is the senior headquarters team leader for a portfolio of projects.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Technical, financial and operational management of projects in the water portfolio.
- Quality control of Winrock’s water-related projects, and engagement with major donors.
- Technical case studies and lessons learned linked to water security, multiple-use water services, resource allocation, water resource financing, and resilience.
- Meeting operational, technical, and management objectives for the portfolio.
- Expanding Winrock’s portfolio of multiple-use water services, water resource management and resilience approaches through new business development.
- Exceptional ability to analyze and identify problems, define obstacles and potential solutions, create consensus on course of action and utilize results to inform future analysis.
- Provide leadership and direction to HQ and field-based staff, including mentorship and supporting their professional and personal development, and promote a culture that reflects Winrock’s mission to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources.
- Work effectively with field teams, including COP, DCOP and all staff.
- Oversee timely preparation and completion of deliverables including developing timelines and assigning responsibilities.
- Prepare and effectively manage annual internal and portfolio budgets.
- Nurture a network of experts and organizations to collaborate with.
- Assist with business development outside of the project towards growing Winrock’s Water practice.
- Manage existing client and donor relationships, engaging new relationships with partners, donors, and clients through the life of project.
Master’s Degree in Water Resource Management, Hydrology, WASH, Public Administration, Public Policy, MBA or similar preferred
- At least fifteen years demonstrated experience in management and/or technical implementation of water activities including.
- 10 years of USAID management experience required – examples include COP, portfolio manager, project manager, etc.
- Management experience in international project development and implementation, including budget and staff management, and strategic planning, is required.
- Must have established networks with organizations and clients involved in water initiatives.
- Home office experience, including managing a complex portfolio of projects from a US-based headquarters, is required.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train and mentor staff, create and manage budgets, and cooperate effectively with other units.
- Field experience, particularly in Francophone Africa is a plus
- Strong USAID project management skills managing complex, multifaceted, and/or multi-country projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Unwavering commitment to deliver quality programs and projects. Strong project monitoring and evaluation and CLA skills and experience required.
- Ability to identify and resolve key issues with project implementation, coordinating with senior staff, Chiefs of Party, and host governments.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to communicate a vision and work collaboratively with field teams and the COP to operationalize plans.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. \
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory. Fluency in one or more additional languages, especially French, is strongly preferred.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com