Winrock is seeking a professional to serve as Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nepal to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and promotes fecal sludge management. The DCOP will manage program operations, reporting to the Chief of Party. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party in management of the technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas.
- Advise national counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, relevant Government of Nepal Ministries and all other local stakeholders.
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Develop and modify as necessary the technical work plans and budget.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities.
- Ensure technical compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Work closely with Winrock’s project management staff in the US to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
- Focus on achieving results in all areas on schedule and maintain positive relationships with USAID, Nepalese officials, partners, and implementing partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree (or foreign equivalent) in international development, public/business administration, international relations, other social sciences or a similar relevant field (a bachelor's degree and at least 15 years' experience may be substituted).
- At least 10 years of experience in donor-funded project management of which at least 7 years' overseas experience with technical and/or operational issues related to a mix of WASH, sustainable water management, natural resources management, community and alternative livelihood development, governance and capacity building, value chain development, small scale construction management.
- Experience managing complex contracts for USAID is strongly preferred.
- Experience with development of government ministries and ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with senior officials.
- At least 5 years' experience in project management, either as COP, DCOP, or in comparable senior management role.
- Experience working in Nepal preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Proven expertise in delivering technical presentations preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Financial management skills and experience.
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations and procedures, particularly USAID contract regulations.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Remember to say you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com