Winrock is seeking Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation activity under the Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM) Unit. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. The anticipated project will improve the conservation of biodiversity and management of natural resources and critical ecosystems at key sites.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight in order to achieve the results of the program.
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID/Vietnam and the Government of Vietnam.
- Oversee and be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project including managing the budget.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
- Administer the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Prepare annual work plans and progress reports and monitor the implementation of these plans. Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required and keep HQ informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Master’s degree required in forestry or environmental management, global climate change, environmental economics, international development, public/business administration, governance, or relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project. PhD in relevant discipline would be a distinct asset.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in fields required for the successful implementation of this program, such as forestry/natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, coastal and marine biodiversity, community and alternative livelihood development, governance and capacity building, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Technical and managerial experience in Vietnam and/or Southeast Asia is highly desirable.
- Technical understanding of biodiversity conservation, natural resource management and climate change issues.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management preferred.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Vietnam strongly preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written to effectively coordinate stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
Remember to say that you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com