Wind Tech Recruiters is currently seeking a Lead Substation Technician/Journeyman to work for an Independent Service Provider. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity for growth.
This position will be responsible for maintenance/construction activities around high voltage (up to 34.5 kV) substations and transmission lines. This will require an extensive amount of travel throughout the US. This person must have a "safety first" attitude with an understanding of doing the job right the first time.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers and coworkers on a daily basis
- Ability to perform maintenance/construction on wind farm collection systems including underground cable faults, pad-mount transformers (including fuses, bushings, and terminations), switchgears, T-Bodies, Splices and wind turbine wiring up to 34.5 kV, substation riser termination, IR scan, Test HV, MV, and LV cable, transformer oil sampling.
- Substation switching and LOTO
- Writing switching orders and LOTO plans
- Ability to climb towers to inspect, troubleshoot, or repair turbine electrical equipment
- Test and troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components and systems
- Acts as part of a team to achieve safe and efficient operations
- 100% Travel with scheduled relief trips every 6 weeks
- Ability to be on call and respond to emergency call-outs
- Minimum (4) years' experience working with High Voltage electricity (Required)
- Experience with electrical substation transmission/collection system - BOP (Required)
- Experience with swap-outs and splicing components (Required)
- Underground collection experience and line experience (Required)
- Training and leadership background, ability to interact and manage subcontractors (Required)
- Ability to execute projects independently (Required)
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Current valid driver's license is required, CDL preferred.
- Authorized to work in the US (Required)
Remember to say you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com