To provide support to the media manager of PETA’s Laboratory Investigations Department (LID) and Regulatory Testing Department (RTD). This staffer’s primary responsibility is to get productive media coverage about PETA and animal testing issues.
PETA is looking for a strong, versatile candidate who has an interest in saving laboratory animals. You should have a passion for animal rights, work well as part of a team, and live an animal-friendly lifestyle. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment, bring positive energy to what they do, and be a champion for all animals.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Heavy administrative responsibilities required to keep the media files for LID and RTD organized, up-to-date, and running smoothly
• Maintain contacts, correspondences, files, and research in the appropriate databases—includes archiving and organizing all files
• Create, update, research and organize media lists for the media manager for LID and RTD
• Take clear and comprehensive meeting notes for LID and RTD media meetings and distribute them to appropriate staff
• Route LID and RTD news releases, sometimes under a tight deadline, to relevant staffers for editing and proofing
• File final releases and media lists in PETA databases
• Pitch select news releases to media, including those involving protests and campaign actions
• Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the department or supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years of administrative support experience
• Demonstrated stellar online research skills
• Demonstrated exceptional written communication skills
• Proven excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Proven ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional manner, with confidentiality at all times
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive
• Support for PETA’s philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA’s positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
LOCATION PETA - Telecommuting Positions
Remember to say you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com