Our mission at Chippers, Inc is to advance and sustain our position as the premier provider of comprehensive green care services to our clients, and to be the preferred employer for professionals and staff in our industry:
We’re All About Your Life Outside™
We’re green care professionals devoted to delighting our clients, offering a great place to spend one’s career.
All About the highest standards of professionalism and excellence in everything we do.
Your Life our clients’ lives and happiness; our employees’ lives and happiness; the cultivated landscape’s health and beauty; the greater natural world and all green and growing things.
Outside most everything we do is outside or is caring for green and growing things inside, we want our clients to love the beauty and health of their outdoor spaces, and we want teammates who are passionate about our work and company.
Chippers Turf Technicians have the primary responsibility of providing turf care needs such as aeration of lawns and application of fertilizers on client properties. The Turf Technician should have an above average understanding of plant science, and an interest in working independently outdoors
Turf Technician Requirements
- Team player with positive attitude and proven ability to work hard.
- Works independently with ability to make sound decisions.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a D.O.T. Medical Clearance.
- Ability to safely operate assigned vehicles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to safely operate assigned vehicle
- Navigate to client locations via verbal, written, map, or GPS directions.
- Must have or be able to obtain VT/NH Pesticide License
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Saturday (during peak season)
- Attention to detail and record keeping.
- Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent), minimum requirements
What we can offer you:
- $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
- 2019 New Hampshire's Best Places To Work
- Potential for overtime
- Positive I WILL safety culture
- Industry related training and ChipperUpdates training courses
- Employee referral bonus program
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
Remember to say you found this job opportunity on GreenJobs.com