# Position Information
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
## Basic Function
This is a temporary position for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The Kern Community College District is looking for instructor/trainers with experience installing Photovoltaic systems to lead our Solar energy training program.
## Education and Experience
* Five years of related industry experience is required.
* Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
* Prior experience training or teaching is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
*Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.*
## Knowledge and Abilities
**STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF:**
* Electronic controls.
* Electrical systems.
* Electrical circuit layout.
* Designs and diagrams.
* Meet schedules and timelines.
* Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Establish good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational cooperation.
* Learn College and District organization and applicable operations, policies, and procedures.
* Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheet programs.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
## Special Instructions to Applicants
*Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.*
**Completed application packet must include:**
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
* Copies of legible transcripts, if applicable
* List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
*Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.*
*Job Title:* Professional Expert - Solar Energy Instructor P/T
*Position Number:* 01115
*Posting Date:* 09/09/2014
*Open Until Filled:* Yes
*Position Type:* Professional Expert
*Work Week:* Flexible-No more than 20-25 hrs per wk
*College/Site:* District Office
*Location:* DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown