# Position Information
Sick leave and vacation only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
## Basic Function
Under the direction of the Clean Energy Training Manager will coordinate and conduct training, curriculum development and training program planning activities related to solar power, renewable energy and energy efficiency training.
The Lead Solar Energy Instructor will conduct and manage activities related to workforce skills training for the renewable energy and energy efficiency industries, with an emphasis on Solar Power.
* Deliver training in lectures, labs and field experiences to prepare participants for careers as Solar Technicians.
* Develop curriculum for workforce training in solar power generation.
* Consult and collaborate with the renewable energy and energy efficiency firms regarding their specific workforce needs and solicit feedback regarding how well our training programs are meeting their needs.
* Coordinate with other instructors in the Clean Energy program and oversee training activities ensuring availability of instructor’s, classrooms, lab space, curriculum materials and training equipment.
* Assist in the training and development of instructors.
* Provide basic technical assistance and faculty in-service opportunities to enhance the District’s capacity to provide clean energy training.
* Maintain current industry knowledge. Attend conferences and workshops.
* Work with grant partners to deliver on grant objectives.
* Provide trainees with career guidance and job search information.
* Set-up labs and oversee labs and e-learning activities.
* Provide input on training equipment purchases
* Prepare purchase requisition for approval by the Clean Energy Training Manager.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
## Education and Experience
* Five years of related solar industry experience.
* Demonstrated understanding of trends in clean energy.
* Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
*Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.*
## Knowledge and Abilities
* Industrial, electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
* Electronic circuit layout, designs and diagrams.
* Electronic and Mechanical troubleshooting.
* Electronic controls including programmable logic controls (PLCs).
* Solar PV systems.
* Power tools, meters and testing equipment.
* Electronics including:
* series and parallel circuit wiring,
* power sources
* Inverters; over-current protection, grounding, and surge suppression.
* Safety rules and practices..
* Solar PV installation practices.
* Meet schedules and timelines.
* Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Establish good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational cooperation.
* Learn College and District organization and applicable operations, policies, and procedures.
* Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheet programs.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Travel to meetings around the state.
## Special Instructions to Applicants
*Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.*
**Completed application packet must include:**
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
* Copies of legible transcripts
* List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
*Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.*
*Job Title:* Professional Expert - Lead Solar Energy Instructor - (COF)
*Position Number:* 00627
*Posting Date:* 05/30/2013
*Open Until Filled:* Yes
*Position Type:* Professional Expert
*Minimum Salary:* $70,000.00 annual
*College/Site:* District Office
*Location:* DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
*Salary Grade:* N/A