Requisition Number: 55226
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Bachelors
Work Experience Required: 3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Position: Telecommunication OSPE
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group (DRG) which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure. Familiar with engineering and operational requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be willing to travel to each job site. This is a position that requires field work and building relationships with local jurisdictions
- BS in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Micro-station, Pole Foreman, SPIDA Calc.
- Proven ability to deal with governing authorities and their requirements, negotiate with private landowners and provide communication, instruction, and guidance as needed to contractors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Comfortable speaking with multiple levels of management
- Ability to learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process.
- Route Verification Planning -Identify best route as defined by the client. Identify option B and C where necessary
- Permitting (by Jurisdiction – County, State, City, Muni, Railroad, Environmental) – Identify permit requirements by jurisdiction to build aerial and/or UG facilities in the ROW.
- Easements – Experience identifying and researching private easements
- Stationing – Data collect critical topographic information required for required permits and construction prints
- Stand Maps, Permit – Plan & Profile and Construction Print Creation
- Traffic Plans – Experience creating traffic plans for various jurisdictions
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Proven experience with municipal projects requiring fiber relocation
- Computer Skills - Understanding of Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and GIS
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices (MI, OH, PA, WI, IN)
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Strong OSP engineer candidate with experience with municipal projects requiring fiber relocation and responding to maintenance/outage events.
The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is focused and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe, accurate, and reliable utility services to their customers. We are results-driven by our hiring great people and the technology we use at our fingertips. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Compensation is based upon experience, qualifications, and education. DRG offers incentive programs, excellent benefits. Full-time positions include options to buy company stock and participate in a 401k after 1yr, access to industry-related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment drug screen, background screening, and Social Security Number verification required. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.