* Information Technology
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Apogee Engineering is seeking a **HEMP Systems Engineer** to support the 21st Space Wing HEMP Support contract at **Peterson AFB** in Colorado Springs, CO. The Systems Engineer will support the following activities: (1) provide program management support; (2) accomplish coordination activities; (3) provide technical documentation and policy support; (4) accomplish technical assessments/review of hardened facility modifications; (5) support meetings and status reporting.
**Why work with us?**
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
**What you'll be doing:**
* Provide technical assessments and reviews of contractor schedules, functionality, risks, costs, and designs and provide recommendations to the contractors for improvement.
* Perform engineering assessment of HEMP plans to include frequency authorization requests (DD Form 1494), verification test plans and reports and provide status to 21 SW/PMD.
* Aid contractors for issues beyond their scope to help ensure all schedule, cost, and project completion impacts are resolved.
* Carefully track contractor services, Statement of Work responsibilities and progress, develop white papers, trip reports, or emails to report status and potential risks to 21 SW/PMD,
* Provide engineering assessments of new RF/EM test system design and development as well as other recommended systems such as software tool solutions for HEMP testing.
* Analyze sustainment and upgrade programs supporting HQ AFSPC/HEMP hardened facilities conducted by 21 SW/PMD, SMC and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) and provide recommendations to 21 SW/PMD.
**What you'll need to have:**
* At least 4 years of experience in the following areas:
* Experience in examining project plans and designs, and technical data including test plans and reports.
* Knowledge of Military Standards as they apply to system upgrades and construction projects.
* Experience with Air Force acquisition and lifecycle management regulations and instructions.
* Experience coordinating and interfacing with Government organizations (e.g., SMC and AFLCMC)
* Construction or system upgrade experience.
* Bachelor's Degree required in engineering, physics or related technical field.
* Experience in HEMP field or related technical environment.
* Knowledge of Radio Frequency Authorizations
* Experience interacting with 21 SW/PMD HEMP protected missions and facilities.
* Experience directly related to HEMP and HM/HS or interest in pursuing HEMP career
* TS/SCI Security Clearance Eligible
Masters or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
*Posted:* March 9, 2019