Job Summary: The Education Sales Manager is responsible for the development, promotion, coordination and evaluation of educational products and services, maintaining expertise in all educational products and service offerings. The manager is an ambassador for the Ontario Co-operative Association (OCA), maintains strategic business relationships and is active in the communities and with the co-operatives we serve.
While this position is largely independent, this role will work in tandem with other team leaders to ensure all business and relationship development initiatives are aligned.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the co-operative sector, the educational sector and with other professional associations in Ontario to promote the sale of educational programs and materials. These currently include a teaching kit developed for grade 11 business students, an onboarding program for new co-operative employees and training programs for co-operative boards and senior managers.
- Develop, implement, promote and sell new educational programs that support the objectives of the Ontario Co-operative Association
- Collaborate with educators and the co-operative community to expand existing co‑operative education programming beyond the current curriculum
- Understand the OCA’s products, services and delivery channels to effectively promote them in all sectors of the co-operative system
- Work closely with the OCA team to help develop, implement and support programs and initiatives to increase membership and improve OCA product and services usage
- Develop plans and activities with the Executive Director and report on progress monthly
- Work closely with staff to ensure initiatives are aligned with overall business plan, strategy and other key initiatives
- Meet/exceed sales targets for educational programming.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage program budgets and work plans with milestones and reporting timelines
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff and volunteers as required
- Develop and submit funding proposals for educational and co-operative engagement programming
- Support and promote a strong team culture and participate in staff meetings, organizational and sectoral events
- Participation at off-site events will be required and travel throughout Ontario is expected with this position
- Overnight travel, evening and weekend work is occasionally required
- Completed post-secondary education in a relevant subject or a combination of education and experience equal to a degree or diploma
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales, marketing or business development
- An understanding of the education system in Ontario. Experience promoting programs or services to teachers or school boards is preferred
- An understanding of the co-operative system and personal alignment with its guiding principals
- A driver’s license and automobile required to travel and meet with co-operative and strategic business partners
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
The position is based in the Guelph, Ontario headquarters of the Ontario Co-operative Association.
Please remember to say you found this job on GreenJobs.com