M&F Talent has a client in water treatment technology that is looking to onboard a motivated Sales Representative. Our client offers a variety of products and services that enhance water quality in different markets, including animal health, commercial cooling, data centers, and horticulture. Their water treatment solutions are installed and maintained by authorized technical service representatives and can be offered as a purchase or leased equipment solution.
Our client’s horticulture division focuses on enhancing water management for both irrigation and climate control applications. Their patented treatment technologies, monitoring and control options, and on-site service offerings allow for reduced maintenance, enhanced plant production and safeguard regulatory compliance. Our client’s primary target market is the North American Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) industry, namely commercial fruit and/or vegetable produce, as well as legal hemp and cannabis cultivation. Frequent travel to the company’s corporate office in Colorado will be required for product training, multi-departmental support and ongoing education. Based-on performance, this position offers a significant opportunity for growth within the company as a territory leader.
Location: Great Lakes Region (MI or IL)
- Report directly to the Director of Horticulture and be responsible for providing ongoing sales pipeline and strategic market focus.
- Leverage existing industry knowledge and customer contacts to promote the companies water treatment products and services as well as establish brand recognition.
- Drive revenue generating opportunities while also creating brand recognition and related to the company’s water treatment products and services.
- Adopt the company’s existing marketing and strategic focus to generate revenue opportunities within the horticulture industry.
- Generate social media content through industry events, customer interaction and technical expertise to promote brand awareness and company products and services.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying new and existing commercial opportunities.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends with respect to demand of water management needs.
- Properly manages entire sales and commissioning process through the companies CRM platform.
- Work closely with science, engineering, operations, and service departments to understand latest developments in product and service offerings.
- Execute service, maintenance or technical support based on customer needs.
- Regularly travel within the Colorado Front Range as well as to promotional events and training opportunities.
- 4-year college degree in Marketing/Sales, Engineering, or Horticulture (or equivalent)
- 1-3 years job experience in relevant sales or marketing role
- Experience selling a highly engineered product, and ability to transfer technical product knowledge to others.
- Proficient with Salesforce CRM.
- The position requires a foundation in project management, social media, Salesforce CRM and the ability to collaborate with multiple departments.
- Willing to travel to trade shows and other events, as needed.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant production including cultivation, nutrient, substrate and lighting requirements, environmental controls and irrigation water management.
- Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic functions, including pump configurations, electrical codes and requirements and hydroponic irrigation methods.
- Knowledge of water quality and water treatment technologies including filtration, disinfection and sanitation.