Description Mechanical Engineer, Position Overview:
Responsible for the detail design and drafting of mechanical components and assemblies used in advanced electro-mechanical applications.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Designs and develops products, components, processes, and systems using broad engineering concepts and research techniques.
- Documents design specifications.
- Interfaces with engineers, providing CAD design from product inception to released fabrication drawings.
- Assists in product bill of materials (BOM) construction.
- Provides support of material procurement by interfacing with suppliers/fabricators.
- Provides support of existing product designs through the production cycle by incorporating engineering change orders (ECO).
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other design disciplines as well as manufacturing to create design solutions that address often-conflicting requirements.
- Must be creative, open-minded, a good communicator, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize projects and manage priorities.
- Acute attention to detail and deadlines.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications & Education:
- BSME- Mechanical Engineering
- Experience – 3-5 years of design and drafting experience.
- Proficient in the use of CREO Parametric.
- Proficient in the use of Arena PLM
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods (sheet metal, plastics, welding, assembly, wire harnesses, electrical-mechanical interfaces)
- Pre-employment background checks are standard.
- Some repetitive motion activities.
- Visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information.
- Able to use a computer/keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to use office & test equipment and computers/peripherals, in a standard office & computer lab environment.
- May be required to lift/move up to 25 lbs with assistance.
- Fast paced, schedule driven environment.
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary.
Please remember to say that you found this job on GreenJobs.com