**Description:** The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space\.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder\. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems\. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products\. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion we want to build a better tomorrow with you\!
Are you ready to take your career beyond the confines of planet Earth? Lockheed Martin Space is the premier company designing, building and operating solar system exploration missions in conjunction with NASA\. Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems as we reinvigorate the robotic exploration of the lunar surface\. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus\. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to extend our exploration of the solar system with you\!
The selected individual will serve as the **CLPS Fault Protection Engineer** for the Commercial Lunar Payload Services Task \#20A \(CLPS\-20A\) lander mission\. In this capacity the candidate will support the development of the engineering subsystems for the CLPS\-20A lander through detailed design, development, integration and test\.
• As the Fault Protection lead, you will be responsible for developing and running all fault protection and fault management requirements for the design and operation of systems and coordinating with system and subsystem design groups\.
• Developing the verification plan/details for fault protection requirements and authenticating those requirements
• Driving key trade studies and down\-selections related to ADR to influence/optimize the overall system architecture
• Incorporating into the architecture, system and subsystem designs, the features needed to implement fault protection including defining measurands, diagnostic, logic, false alarm negation, off\-nominal cases, and recovery sequences
• Working with software development teams to implement fault protection algorithms, scripts and database
• Collaborating with test bed and simulator development teams to define capabilities to support lifecycle validation of fault protection software
• Working with operation center and engineering support center personnel to define human interfaces and interactions \(e\.g\. override, inhibits, enables, etc\.\)
\*\*\* Please note this position is contingent upon program award expected April 2020\*\*\*
**Typically has 9 \- 15 years** of professional experience\.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually\. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition proposal activities\.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package\.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related discipline
• Experience with requirements derivation, verification and test
• Experience in Systems Engineering and Software or Test Engineering
• Hardware/Software development
• 5\-7 years' experience with Anomaly Detection and Resolution \(ADR\) systems
• Experience with DOORS, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or Visio
• Software Coding/Scripting experience with languages such as C/C\+\+, Perl, or Python
• Actively participate in failure investigations
• Proven hands\-on troubleshooting experience, preferably in a test environment
• Ability to collaborate with and present ADR architecture to a varied audience including customers, subcontractors and other program personnel
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They’re dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.