**Requisition ID: 100640**
**Job Level: Senior Level**
**Department: Design Engineering**
**Employment Type: Full Time**
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Developing PVSyst models to support EPC proposal efforts, plant performance guarantee development, and detailed plant design efforts.
• Developing PVSystem models to support owner’s engineer optimization studies.
• Developing PVSystem models for performance test data validation and analysis of performance test results.
• Knowledge of OEM equipment for current and emerging technologies. As technology develops, solar performance engineer should be able to keep Kiewit current of market trends in guarantees.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication; will present frequently to senior executives.
• Oversight and mentoring of junior solar performace engineers for both modeling and testing is required.
• Participate in strategies around developing battery energy storage guarantees and performance evaluation of BESS systems with a focus on degradation.
• Supporting execution of performance tests in the field.
• Master’s* degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or related.
• Ten years experience as an Engineer or Test Engineer.
• Post bachelor's experience is required (5 years with master's or 10 years with bachelors) and must include:
- Solar Plant performance model preparation using PVSyst for determining layouts and performance guarantees.
- Performance test procedure generation and validation of test results.
• Domestic travel required up to 10% of the time.
*Employer will accept a bachelor’s degree and 10 years experience in lieu of a master’s degree and 5 years experience.
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._