Con Edison Clean Energy Business Solutions
The Asset Manager is responsible for the financial performance, contract management, forecasting, reporting, optimization, compliance and performance improvement of a portfolio of renewable energy assets. The candidate will enhance the profitability of assigned utility scale and distributed generation solar, wind and battery projects through close collaboration with the company's Operations, Engineering, Accounting, Trading, Development, Legal, IT and related groups. The Asset Manager will ensure that current and future performance of the assets is in line with project proformas while contractual obligations are fulfilled and regulatory compliance is maintained. The Asset Manager will also perform analysis to identify performance improvement opportunities as well as develop, implement and manage long term maintenance strategies.
- 1. Financial Oversight - Participate in the budgeting, forecasting, and analysis of individual assets and the department at large. Drive long-term profitability and risk minimization.
- 2. Contract Management - Establish relationships with key project partners such as lenders, PPA offtakers, service providers, transmission system operators, land owners, local and state authorities, local civic groups, etc. Proactively lead management of contracts and ensure all contractual obligations with respect to the project portfolio are met, including but not limited to: project financing, power purchase agreements, land lease, property tax matters, warranty claims, insurance management, interconnection agreement.
- 3. Asset Optimization - Monitor and challenge the operational performance to achieve project's highest possible availability and operating income. Keep abreast of industry trends, marketplace changes and regulatory rules. Fully utilize monitoring system functionality to identify and evaluate asset optimization opportunities for performance improvements.
- 4. Asset Maintenance - Evaluate and manage long term maintenance strategies for assets in the portfolio; manage and negotiate maintenance contracts; collaborate with Operations for cost-efficient and sustainable maintenance of the assets.
- 5. Problem Resolution - Facilitate collaboration amongst organizational cross-functional teams as necessary to find resolutions for any operational, financial, commercial or technical issues.
- 6. Reporting - Review project operating reports and documents to ensure production targets are met, as well as compliance with all regulatory requirements. Manage reporting cycle to ensure timely, accurate reporting of financial, operational and contractual obligations.
- 7. Project Development Support - Perform ad hoc analysis as required to support the Project Development team. Review contracts. Ensure that the projects' transition from Development to Commercial Operation is successful.
- * Bachelor's degree with quantitative focus (e.g., Finance, Engineering, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Economics, or related major)
- * Master's Degree preferred
- * 7-10 years experience in a related renewable energy field preferred.
- * Experience in contract management related to energy facilities preferred.
- * Demonstrated experience in building strategic relationships with internal and external project partners and stakeholders.
- * Budgeting, forecasting, energy industry research, and team building are highly desirable.
- * Excellent analytical skills
- * Financial modeling, accounting or finance experience a plus
- * Superior verbal and written communication skills
- * Detail-oriented
- * Ability to read and interpret contractsFast learner who is able to gain a quick understanding of operability and performance expectations of any company' renewable energy technologies
- * Knowledge of energy cost components and revenue drivers
- * Knowledge of renewable energy policies and regulations.
- * Proficient in Microsoft Excel; strong working knowledge of all MS Office programs
- * Knowledge of solar / wind equipment and technologies
- * Ability to multitask various projects with tight deadlines
- * Ability to work as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills.
- * Ability to manage customer relationships.
- * Computer programming knowledge (Python, VBA) highly desired
- * 20% travel nationwide
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.