Senior Settlements Analyst
+ **Job ID:** 347059
+ **Country:** USA
+ **Location:** Stamford, Connecticut
+ **Company:** Equinor US Holdings Inc.
+ **Contact Name:** Elaine Nishihata
+ **Workplace:** Onshore
+ **Discipline:** Marketing & Supply
+ **Education Preferred:** Bachelor's Degree
+ **Experience Preferred:** 3 - 5 Years
+ **Closing Date:** Apr 82020
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Marketing, Midstream and Processing (MMP) shall maximise corporate value creation in Equinor’s mid- and downstream business through safe, reliable and efficient operations. We are responsible for capturing the full value potential of all marketed and traded products such as crude oil, liquids and natural gas.
Deal Handling is responsible for the daily administration of crude oil, condensate, gas liquids, natural gas and refined products transactions. The team has a lot of relations and interfaces, and extended contact with trading, operations, shipping and Equinor’s external customers and vendors
• Preparing invoices and following up on accounts receivable items
• Working with customers and suppliers to properly and professionally settle commercial transactions, including contract review, price verification, invoicing, and payment (Shipping, US Domestic, Cargoes, Swaps and options, Gas Liquids forwards and physicals, Pipeline transactions and Net outs)
• Handling of other cost related to the sale and purchase contracts, i.e. freight, vessel hire, harbor fee, demurrage and commissioning cost
• Indirect tax handling, i.e. VAT coding and duties
• Various commodity and transportation settlements/reconciliation work
• Internal and external reporting
• Project participation in business specific projects, including systems and applications
• Preferable 3 or more years back-office, accounting/finance or oil and gas business experience
• Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
• High ethical awareness, integrity and HSE focused
• Good interpersonal skills – team work oriented across disciplines
• Proactive, accountable and positive team player
• Ability to prioritize and cope with multiple tasks and demands at one time
• Attentive to detail without losing ability to maintain a holistic view of all ongoing activities
• Interest for commercial business and figures
• Ability to work with external customers and vendors
• IT tool knowledge (i.e. RATS, Sport, SAP)
• Dedication to Equinor’s values; Collaborative, Courageous, Open and Caring
• Proficiency in English
• Proficiency in Portuguese a plus
Not just a job. A career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together. Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.