The Sr. Director will develop the strategy for construction and pre-construction covering project management and project controls, scheduling, capex estimation, budgeting, and oversight of project-related planning and execution efforts. The ability and experience to lead contract management, construction management, construction equipment and methods for large capital projects, procurement, and supply chain management, environmental and construction permitting, and transportation logistics will be crucial for success in this position.
- Lead the collaboration of development and construction execution functions for committed wind, solar and energy storage projects
- Manage the procurement processes, preparation of turbine installation bid documents, and the Request for Proposal process, and assists with the negotiation of construction contracts
- Provides leadership, by example, through project construction activities, ensuring safety, quality, schedule, cost, environmental, and landowner requirements and expectations are exceeded
- Understand and manage the implications of technical options to guide engineering designs to achieve the best solution for project execution and on-time delivery
- Elevate continuous improvements efforts to implement new ideas/tools/processes, etc.
- 10+ years in the management of utility-scale energy projects: wind, solar and energy storage
- Prior senior level management experience leading teams of 10+ required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, Master’s degree highly desired
- Track record of leadership, communication and team-building skills required
Please remember to say you found this job on GreenJobs.com