Senior Real Time Trader
Date:Apr 24, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Requisition ID: 42241
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
is currently seeking a Senior Real Time Trader to join our Asset Operations team in Juno Beach, FL. Main responsibilities and requirements are listed below.
* Maximize profitability of generation assets throughout the US and Canada while operating within regional rules
* Support targets for asset optimization through sound decision making around unit capabilities, market fundamentals, fuel prices and constraints, economic dispatch, ramping, capacity penalties and curtailments, effectively manage fuel burns, etc.
* Superior attention to detail with high degree of accuracy following established procedures and protocols
* Conduct real-time trading and scheduling for purchases and sales of energy and transmission
* Communication of real-time market information with trade floor
* Ability to assist in training and supporting other traders
* Accurately record purchase and sale transactions and log shift activities in relevant deal capture systems
* Ability to prioritize tasks and be able to respond to changes in priorities
* Obtain PJM generator Operator Certification within 6 months of hire
* Bachelor degree
* Proficiency in Microsoft office with high proficiency in Excel
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Basic analytical skills required
* Professional judgment and sensitivity necessary to earn client and co-worker confidence.
* Flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation including many holidays and weekends
Employees in this role are responsible for overseeing NextEra's generation fleet in real-time markets and transacting short term energy purchases and sales. This role will apply knowledge of combined cycle, wind, solar, and nuclear generation economics and dispatch characteristics as well as a familiarity with ISO’s tariff, protocol, and market portals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors market conditions and analyzes transactions to help in identifying and executing energy trades
• Ensures transaction terms are beneficial to the organization and meet risk guidelines
• Optimizes economics to assure minimum energy supply costs and maximize profits for generation portfolio
• Determines generation requirements and coordinates fuel procurement to meet obligations
• Coaches and mentors junior traders
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Bachelor's - Business Administration
• Bachelor's - Engineering
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Energy Trading
Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.