Business Developer (Renewables)
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Business Developer will develop utility-scale solar power/energy storage projects in the southeastern part of the U.S. for the purpose of achieving commercially operating renewable power stations in the following electricity markets: MISO South, PJM, and SERC.
• Support and/or manage site development of solar energy/energy storage projects, including establishment of site control through lease or purchase options, county/state permitting of project sites, and management of community relations.• Support project acquisition efforts including due diligence on potential acquisitions and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements.• Be a key point of contact for project stakeholders, including landowners and local/state officials.
• Adhere to effective internal controls, including providing project development budgets, schedules, and other reports/presentations as required by senior management.• Lead a project team coordinating a multi-discipline group of internal stakeholders.• Assist with developing strategy and business opportunities in the region.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or a directly related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.• 4+ years’ experience in solar energy project development in the Southeast.• Willingness to travel up to 50% or more if required within the Southeast, and to corporate renewable headquarters in Oregon.• Proven experience in contract review/negotiation, project management, and problem/conflict resolution. • Proficiency in Windows based business software applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.• Based in the Southeast and within 100 miles of an airport.
• Experience in renewable energy or battery storage development in the Southeast.• Proficiency in ArcGIS and Google Earth or similar geographic mapping software.• Experience in project management. • Knowledge or understanding of agricultural and energy land use practices.• Familiarity with title and survey requirements for land leasing or purchasing.
Additional Success Factors
• Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company.• Self-starter with demonstrated performance leading initiatives and building consensus at all levels of a matrixed global organization with minimal supervision.• Ability to work effectively in an environment where consensus between diverse work streams is often required before projects can proceed.• Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets. • Ability to analyze project risks and proactively identify solutions with a flexible, creative, and solution-focused outlook on problem solving.• Effectively provides and receives information orally in individual and group situations. Written expression is clear, concise, and conveys the desired message. • Willingness to expand knowledge base to incorporate new and emerging energy generation/storage technologies and applications.• Ability to work efficiently and seamlessly (via computer or other electronic communication means) in a broad and diverse range of surrounding environments.
+ Develop Self & Others
+ Empower to grow
+ Collaborate and Share
+ Be a role model
+ Focus to achieve results
+ Be agile
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org