Resource Modeling Analytics Supervisor (Wind)
Date:Apr 23, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest renewable energy generator. We thrive on solving the toughest problems facing the energy industry and creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that lead the way into the next era of energy.
Position Specific Description
We are seeking a talented Supervisor to lead a team of analysts in our Wind Energy Resource Assessment & Optimization group. This Supervisor will be responsible for supporting the design, optimization and analysis of new wind energy projects prior to and during construction. This support will be primarily focused in the areas of greenfield wind development, repowering, and merger and acquisition (M&A) efforts along with long-lived process improvement projects.
You will be key in translating and presenting modeling and forecasting results to upper management through investment approval meetings and RFP support, among others. Also, your team will play a pivotal role in recommending key actions that directly tie to customer and shareholder value. In this role, you achieve successful results by effectively applying creativity and analytical solutions, understanding and articulating results to other business units through technical excellence, strong leadership, and superior communication with company stakeholders. If this is you, then apply now for consideration!
Leaders in this position are responsible for overseeing a group of analysts involved in modeling and daily production activities. Employees in this role will spend a majority of their time on project coordination, the review of analysts' work, customer interaction, team leadership, and new product development and process improvement.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Provides direct oversight to team of analysts responsible for the analysis and reporting of wind and solar plant operations
* Prioritizes daily project workflow and non-standard requests
* Leads the communication of assessment results to internal clients through the investment approval process and external clients such as independent engineers in support of project finance
* Ensures work products are both accurate and delivered in a timely manner to support firm deadlines
* Collaborates and coordinates with both internal and external customers to define project requirements and deliverables
* Provides project management and delegation of tasks related to team-specific product enhancements, methodology improvements, or process streamlining
* Provides risk assessment by reviewing Power Purchase Agreements to assess risks associated with terms, presenting project results and communicating risks to executives and developers
* Performs diagnostic reviews and collaborates with other business units on root cause analysis
* Develops strong working relationships with cross-functional departments and executives
* Seeks, attracts, hires, and retains top talent throughout the team and organization
* Develops and coaches employees and provides on-going performance management
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience: 7+ years
* Master's Degree
* Doctoral Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology
Organization: NextEra Analytics Inc
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.