Project Director Development
Date:Apr 21, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Requisition ID: 41709
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
In this role you will have the opportunity to work as crucial member of FPL’s universal solar development team and assist in managing the development process and execution of universal scale solar photovoltaic (PV) projects. You will manage the day to day project development process for your assigned solar projects and work closely with corporate real estate, environmental services, power delivery, engineering and procurement, legal, and other subject matter experts to coordinate and conduct project design and engineering, interconnection, permitting activities, scheduling, budgeting, and regulatory compliance. This role will require you to work closely with internal resources and external consultants. It is a great opportunity to cultivate relationships with industry partners, local governmental entities, county, municipal and community leaders to aid in the development of both current and future projects. You and your team will also oversee the preparation of presentations and other written materials for key project stakeholders including senior management, local government and community leaders, landowners, permitting agencies, and other interested parties. This role will include travel requirements, primarily within the state of Florida, as required.
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new or enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed on time and within budgetary constraints.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive results
* Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
* Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
* Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
* Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
* Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
* Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
* Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
* Identifies opportunities and negotiates power sales contracts
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned
* High School Grad /GED
* Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
* Experience: 8+ years
* Bachelor's - Business Administration
* Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.