Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics , telecommunications , commercial aerospace , defense , medical , automotive , and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable our customers' technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world's only integrated "mine-to-mill" supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
In 2016, we generated approx. $1B in revenue. As a team of 2,500 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In early 2017, Materion closed on an exciting new acquisition that expands our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video " Materion Is " along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose sources of trouble.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with outside contractors while coordinating with production.
- Examines machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose sources of trouble. Preventative maintenance work such as roll changes, lubes, belts, and bearings.
- Dismantle machine and perform repairs that mainly involve use of hand tools.
- Observes operation of equipment and working of materials reporting any operating problems to the manager.
- Able to Plan and lay out work according to models, blueprints, and drawings or other written/oral specifications.
- Performs plant maintenance tasks such as: welding, sheet metal and carpentry.
- Repair and install water, steam, gas or other type of pipe and fittings.
- Must keep times on all jobs or operations.
- Keep materials, equipment and work area clean.
- Assists in moving and locating new equipment
- Order and keep inventory on all critical parts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Ability to maintain records, read blueprints and make accurate measurements required.
Also requires knowledge of sheet metal work, general machine work, carpentry, welding, and basic industrial electrical work.
Requires a minimum of 2 years of similar experience, plus basic maintenance metalworking and carpentry skills.
** Starting salary approximately $38,000+ based on experience **